Friday, October 11, 2013

Derrick and his activities

Derrick will be 7 months old in one week.
He is thriving and blossoming!

We went to Max's (one of husband's best friends) wedding in Long Island, New York
Daddy was part of the wedding.
Uncle Andy and Aunt Un were there too!
We had so much fun.






Also, I joined a mommy group in our neighborhood. It was a chance for Derrick to meet and socialize with other babies around his age, and a great time for me to meet new mommy friends. Out of the babies who came out, Derrick loved Annalee, he grabbed her hands, and touched her face... 
We meet every Tuesday, and we can't wait for the next time!



Derrick can barely crawl, but he LOVES being in his walker and cruising all over the house!




Couple days ago, Derrick and I had a little outing, since the leaves were changing colors, and it was such a beautiful day. Derrick is fascinated with trees, and he discovered that crisp leaves that fall are fun to play with.







One thing that has been a bit confusing for me is that Derrick has digressed as far as his independence goes. He was fine up until couple days ago, playing by himself, if left alone. Now, he knows right away that I'm not around, and is extremely clingy. He also stopped eating as much formula AND solids, and he learned how to fake vomit. He is way too smart for his own good! 
He still wakes up once or twice during the night, and many moms like to ferberize their babies, (let them cry it out until they learn how to sleep on their own) but for me, I like to follow Derrick's lead. 
If he's hungry, he'll eat. If he's tired, he'll sleep. If he's ready to sleep through the night, he will. Just like he did with the bottles; as soon as he was ready to transition from breast to bottle, he took it without a problem. 
I believe that my son will let me know in his own way, when he's ready to do certain things. 
One exciting news! He is sitting on his own longer and longer, if propped. He just needs to learn how to sit up on his own, then I think he'll start crawling!
All in all, I love being a mom, the good and the bad, I love all of it, it was hard, it's still hard, and I'm sure it'll never get easy, but I love every minute of it. 



Until next post, keep us in your prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment