Thursday, December 27, 2012

27 weeks 5 days

Today was the monthly appointment with the OB.

My BP: Normal 
Baby Derrick's heartbeat: normal 
Fundal Height: 27cm- right on schedule with the pregnancy
My weight: 138 lbs- No weight gain since four weeks ago! :\

I eat as much as I can, as frequently as I can, and yet, no weight gain! So I got worried, but the doctor wasn't one bit worried because my fundal height was right on schedule with the pregnancy. The way fundal height is measured is from the top of your uterus to the bottom- doc pokes around the abdomen until she finds the top (mine was just below my rib cage), and then takes a measuring tape and goes just above the pubic bone. Today I measured a little over 27cm, which according to the chart, baby Derrick is growing well, right between 75-90 percentile. So- no worries.


However, when the doctor did a quick urine sample test, she found out I had low hemoglobin levels- she told me to get OTC iron supplements, 'ferrous sulfate' pills. She said I should take one pill in the morning and one pill at night, and I should be ok. No wonder I felt dizzy all the time- I had low hemoglobin levels. Other than that, I'm fine, the baby is fine, and we just have to wait until he's ready to come meet us!

Since we only have 2 more days left until our final trimester, here are the baby bump pics during 2nd trimester, since it popped out :]
Here it is- it's so interesting to see the progression of my growing belly :] This just means baby Derrick is growing well inside my belly.

Until the next post, keep us in your prayers, and here is a Bible verse that made me re-confirm that baby Derrick truly is a perfect gift from God. 










No comments:

Post a Comment