Tuesday, December 4, 2012

the nesting starts!

Today marks 24 weeks and 2 days for this pregnancy. 
Ever since I entered my 2nd trimester, I've been very 'domestic'- meaning, I have the urge to do dishes, (RARELY happens), keep our walk in closet clean, constantly do laundry, and do projects. Even the husband noticed the change in behavior.
Husband: "is this your maternal instinct kicking in?"
me: "I think this is what they call nesting"

So I did some research on nesting, and apparently it amplifies in third trimester especially right before you're about to give birth, and those behaviors are some off the wall ones like cleaning the bathroom grout with a tooth brush.

I'm not quite there yet, but I have been making projects for myself and trying to finish them all. This, as a result, is making husband do things he never did growing up, and I think he secretly likes it :]

Project #1: Putting the Christmas Tree up

This wouldn't have been much of a 'project' since it is the holiday season, but the tree was up since the 15th of November. Yup. I was feeling the holiday spirit since then. So the husband, who's never had a Christmas tree growing up, got pretty excited himself. We decided we were going to do fake ones until our dog learned not to eat stuff off the floor, which probably would be never, but the real tree will come around eventually :]
I seriously think the husband had more fun decorating the tree than I did. Anyway, it's beautiful. Project #1 completed. 

Project #2: Knitting a scarf for the sister (still in progress)

Started this project beginning of November, and is still ongoing. I've been working on it little by little, still haven't finished it... hope this keeps her warm in cold Finland. But more importantly, I must finish this before the parents come so they can take it with with them when they visit her this Christmas!


Project #3: Christmas stockings for the fire place










This took 3 full days! This may be due to the lack of a sewing machine, but also because I got tired of sitting in one spot for more than an hour. But they turned out great, and the husband secretly loves them.

Project #4: Holiday Card writing

Started these after Thanksgiving, and FINALLY they are all stamped and ready to go! This year we just personalized the stamps, but once Baby Derrick comes, we will make customized family cards! Can't wait! Also realized: I'm getting to that age where most of the cards are addressed to the Yang family or Mr and Mrs Kwon. My friends are growing up and so is our family!!

These are the ones that I have started and accomplished so far, and I'm pretty sure I'll think of more projects to do. I'm thinking gingerbread house, and cookies... :]

And here's a little something I came across when I was doing my daily bible reading for Baby Derrick.


This pretty much sums it all up- doesn't it?

Until next time, keep us in your prayers! More to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment