Friday, November 30, 2012

23 weeks 4days happenings

At 23 weeks and 4 days we had 
1. Regular monthly OBGYN checkup
2.3D ultrasound
3. Gestational Diabetes blood test

I was pretty much beat by the end of the day, but oh boy, the ultrasound made up for it!

Monthly OBGYN checkup

Weight: 138Lbs
Fundal height :average
Blood pressure: normal
Derrick's heartbeat:140

Doc was worried I've only gained one pound for a month. I told her I eat a lot more than compared to the last three months. She just said that as long as I'm not LOSING weight, I'm fine. The baby is growing very well, and she said I have high metabolism. UM. NO doctor. have you SEEN me when I had freshman 50 in college??! 
My guess is I lost so much weight first trimester, it seems like I haven't gained much weight. I was 142 lbs when I was 7 weeks pregnant, then full blown all day sickness, lost 12 lbs by week 12 of my pregnancy, dropped to 130 lbs, and now I'm nearing my 24 week mark, I'm still way below average weight gain chart for my age and height at 138 lbs. 
Husband: "You gain a pound if you drink a lot of water" 
Me: "I know, what the heck, I ate like it was my job" 
Husband: "I know, I saw you eat a lot more, you're weird" 
Me: "I think Derrick just likes to take all of mommy's food"
Husband: chuckles
But- I feel fine, Derrick kicks all the time, and I exercise regularly, so I have no worries, and neither does the doctor. Doc still doesn't want me to work out too much: NO WORRIES DOC :] You don't have to tell me that. I walk my dog for 15 minutes and do yoga stretches including my kegel exercise for 15 minutes a day. That's my exercise routine. Nothing more, nothing less. 
We will have another monthly checkup right after Christmas. Time sure does fly. 

3D Ultrasound

Location: GoldenView Ultrasound
Ultrasound Technician: Allison? Alex? I'll call her Al... Sorry Al
By Appointment only.

Oh man, this was another first, and I just have to say, I had the best time. Of course husband was with me when we went, he has not missed a single OB appointment, or anything related to this pregnancy :]
The office was easy to find, and there was parking, which is really great, considering, there barely is any parking in Chicago. They have to buzz you in, and they tell you what to press and stuff via email after you make your appointment. The office was inviting, and the receptionist was so friendly. 
I had to bring my OB ultrasound to show I'm getting proper prenatal care, and they made a copy of that, and I filled out a general information sheet, and in no time, Al greeted us to the ultrasound room. 
I wish I had taken pictures of the room, it was really awesome, but I was too busy exclaiming over how nice it was and blah blah blah... that's why I couldn't quite catch Al's full name.... hehe
The bed that you lay down to do the ultrasound was so nice! Anyway, we started with the heartbeat, and they had surround sound system, and it was quite different from the one we hear at the doc's. Oh it was very loud and strong :]  
Al: Did the doctor tell you what you were having?
Me: yes, we're having a boy
Al: you want to double check?
Me: why not
Al: yup he's a boy
Me: aw look at his little penis!
The penis had actually grown a lot since 4 weeks ago, and even husband could spot it easily :]
Al actually started with a regular 2D, found where the face was, and converted the image to 3D! WOW... technology amazes me! And Derrick, oh Derrick, he is such a happy baby. He has a smiling face, and he was so active with his body and also with his face, even Al said he might talk faster because he's moving his lips so much already! 
Here he is
He's so beautiful, isn't he?

 Here he is sticking his tongue out! Looks like a cute little baby panda :]

 Here he is smiling again, he has his daddy's nose and mommy's mouth :] And saluting us with his hand! (upper left corner)

This is Derrick's modeling pose: Aren't I just the cutest?


And here he is just laughing away!! 

I was just chattering away" aww look at him babe! Aw! he's so handsome! look at his little face!!"
Husband just stared at the huge projector screen in awe. He was seriously even more speechless than his usual self, which is utter silence.
After we were done, he hugged me real tight and gave me a kiss. I think that was his way of saying 'honey our baby is beautiful' I teared up a little, I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff :]

So after our session, which I think lasted about 15-20 minutes, we got a bunch of black and white copies, 2 color copies, and a cd rom copy of all the stills. The total came out to $69, but husband and I both agree that it was worth it, and we're definitely coming back for our subsequent pregnancies :]

Gestational Diabetes blood test

Just a routine blood test, that tests for gestational diabetes- they will let me know in a day if I do have gestational diabetes or not. I have no worries; I have not OD'd on sweets like I thought I would this pregnancy- I actually don't really like sweet things as of now, so this was just a routine test the doc ordered. When I went, they made me drink something glucose thingamajig that looked like orange gatorade which tasted pretty nasty, and made me wait an hour. Then the lab technician withdrew two vials of blood and that was it!

Whew! All that happened, and I'm so happy :]
God has blessed us with so much and so far this pregnancy has brought nothing but joy and thankfulness to our family. 
We have so much to look forward to, with the holidays coming, and we couldn't be happier. 
Until next time, keep us in your prayers!




No comments:

Post a Comment