Tuesday, November 6, 2012

20 weeks 2 days milestones

This has to be recorded: Barack Hussein Obama is 44th president of United States. While little Derrick (Little D) is happily growing inside me, a historical event occurred- Obama is re-elected for another four years.

With that said, I am doing really well so far. Like most pregnancy related websites have so confidently declared, the nausea and the vomiting have subsided to a minimum, my food aversions have gotten better, and most importantly, my mood swings are not so 'swing-y'. 
The last OB appointment showed that I have gained 3 lbs, not as much as the doc would've liked to see, but still, I'm not losing weight, so that's good news. I think I'm slowly gaining weight, and I definitely notice a difference in the curvature of my abdomen :]

I have so many appointments to look forward to: I have the regular appointment scheduled with my OB, I have a prenatal massage appointment in two weeks, (I will definitely blog about that), I have a 4d ultrasound appointment in two weeks as well. (Will definitely blog about that, too)

On a side note, my parents are extremely worried that I am doing too many ultrasounds... but so far we have had one to validate the pregnancy, the NT screening ultrasound, the gender reveal ultrasound and that's it. So that's only three ultrasounds, and the OB has said that we will not have any more until I'm 30+weeks right before I give birth, so I have no concerns. 

Right now I really do feel like I'm in the 'honeymoon' phase of my pregnancy, and I am truly content and I feel so blessed. 

Here is a very long overdue belly pic at exactly week 20. 
Please excuse my dorky longjanes; my mom sent them to me and they are very comfy. 
And the husband and I have already started to buy many books for Little D.
We love reading to Little D and I hope he'll love reading too!

Keep us in your prayers, and more to come later!



No comments:

Post a Comment