Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Flipping over with his own intent!

When Baby D turned 3.5 months, he flipped tummy to back but it wasn't intentional.
Nevertheless, husband and I were thrilled to see baby D developing and hitting those milestones.
Now at 4.5 months, Derrick can flip back to tummy on his own intent!


Now that he can flip over, we have to be careful of what we put in his crib due to SIDS. He also moves around a lot in his sleep, so I'm constantly checking the baby monitor screen, which really doesn't help my lack of sleep, and plus Derrick still waked up in the middle of the night for his night feedings.
I'm kind of stuck though- he's beginning to hit his head on the crib slats so I want to get bumpers for his crib, but that might increase his chances of SIDS. What to do.... haven't really done anything yet, still looking into it.

Baby D has also figured out to suck on his thumb and his thumb only- before, he would put his fist in his mouth, or couple fingers at a time, but now he knows thumb is the best finger to suck on. Baby D uses Nuk pacifier, but there are times when he'll suck on his thumb only to self-soothe. I know there's a huge debate out there about thumb sucking vs pacifier use, but my philosophy on that is, whatever the baby is comfortable with.



D is also really into books, even though he doesn't know what he's looking at, he'll look at the book and listen carefully when I read to him!

D also enjoys his Daddy and Me time, and it's really endearing to see the two of them together.

So after the 4 month check up, the doctor and I agreed it was time to start supplementing with formula since my supply has been decreasing- we are still at ground zero with that situation.... it's not that D won't take the bottle, he knows the TASTE is different, and he refuses to take it. He'll take expressed breast milk from the bottle, but not formula.... sigh... we will not give up!


On mommy news- I have developed terrible ovulation pains. Ever since I started my period after C-section, which was a MONTH after, (I still can't believe I started my period that soon) every time I start ovulating, I not only feel the pain, I can feel where the egg is going. I have NEVER had ovulation pains, and also, my periods last WAY longer that what they used to. My cycle has changed completely after giving birth.... I had no cramps, no ovulation pains, they only lasted 3 days... now it's totally opposite- major cramps, ovulation pains, and they last 6-7 days... Also, before I gave birth, my periods were heavy and bright red, now it's super light and brownish.... 
Today while driving, I had extreme ovulation pain, and had to have husband drive me home, and had to take ibuprofen.... 

Last night, I had EWCM, so I took my OPK and it came out positive, which scared me since two days ago we BDd, and the day after OPK was a + .... which might mean I might be pregnant again.... ^^;

If God blesses us with another baby, we will be happy- and since my MIL and my mom both had children within 15 month span, I believe it's very possible for me to also have another child soon...

I will need extra help, but it'll be nice if D has a sibling :]

Until the next post, keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment