Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Four Month Vaccination and Check Up

This time around, baby D did so well- such a trooper; and I also think he knows what "visiting the doctor's office" means. When we were waiting for our pediatrician, he wouldn't stop squealing and screaming and fussing, and every trick he knows, he did.

Anyway, the first set of vaccinations we got, he got so fussy and had such a hard time we had to give him some children's acetaminophen, but husband and I were prepared this time. As soon as he got his shots, he fell asleep- woke up, then we gave him a nice long bath- then fed him, and now he's been napping for 1.5 hours. The area where the shots were administered is not as swollen or red compared to last time.

It's always heartbreaking to hear your child cry for his dear life due to pain- but it's part of parenthood.... as I'm sure there will be more of those moments to come by...

So here are Baby Derrick's measurements:
Weight: 7.17kgs (15.8 lbs)
Length: 67.3cms (26.5in)

According to WHO Growth Chart,

Baby Derrick is in the 95th percentile for length!!

Good news aside, baby D has developed a nasty rash in the folds of his neck under his chin- doc says it's due to yeast infection, from the breast milk...- she first suggested hydrocortisone 1%, so we tried, and nothing seemed to get better, so this time around she suggested lotrimin, and also constant exposure to air. She said it should get better in a week's time, and if it doesn't, we should call in and see her.

We also discussed supplementing with formula, since my milk supply has drastically decreased recently. She still wants me to try to breastfeed until 6 months before weaning him off, and I will be trying my best, so we shall see :] we also discussed getting him started on solids around month5!! So exciting!

Each sunday we have our fundays, and once he starts solids, we can include Baby D more into our fundays :] Here are some of the recent pics of our sunday fundays :]



Oh, and Derrick is officially 4 months old today :]


As for me, I've started a stretch/yoga regime-
Each night, before going to bed, I do leg/back/arm stretches and crunches+situps. I finish it off with doing acupressure hoolahoops. It takes about 30 minutes altogether. When I first started a week ago, I could only do 1 sit-up. Now I'm up to 5! Hooray~


Each week, our house is slowly being filled with Derrick's stuff

I think husband and I like it more than Derrick does :]

Until the Next post, keep us in your prayers!











No comments:

Post a Comment