Thursday, January 24, 2013

31 Weeks 4 Days Update

Today was the last monthly OB check up. 
Next one would be in three weeks, 
the following will be in two weeks, 
and the subsequent visits will be every week! 

My BP: normal 
Baby D's heart rate: 140 strong and loud!
Fundal Height: 31 cm right along schedule
My weight: 138-> 141!! FINALLY 3 POUNDS GAINED! Thank you JESUS!

Today at the OB visit, we talked about some important post birth issues such as: 

1. circumcision: who will be performing it, since we are having a baby boy. Our OB will- she said most pediatricians don't know how to perform it, and she said she's done many, so don't worry about it.

2. insurance deductible/copay/coverage: we have a PPO, so we need to meet our deductible so we can get our copay advantage... so pretty much we talked about numbers.

3. possibility of a c-section: if the baby is too big, we might need to do an elective c-section... we will have an ultrasound around week 38 to see if we need a c-section

4. miscellaneous concerns: my hemoglobin levels were fine, OB suggested a maternity belt for the pressure I've been feeling, which hospital we will deliver at and such

Next OB visit will be on Valentine"s Day :]

Earlier this week, the husband and I went to a birthing class offered by our hospital. We went over general labor/birthing process, which was most of the information I acquired through reading, but it was a great review nonetheless. We got to tour the labor and delivery rooms, and the whole labor and delivery floor- each patient gets their own room, so that was great. We got to see all the machines and monitors, and it became much more real to us that baby Derrick was coming soon!
Baby Derrick's kicks have definitely gone from pleasant to downright painful. He will kick anywhere, anytime. The most painful is when he finds the cervix and gives it a good kick. It really just feels like I got kicked in the vagina. Also, when he kicks the ribs, I get winded, but the pain is momentary, and I'm happy knowing he's a strong little fella :]
Here is the belly pic; and I still get comments that I don't look like I'm due in two months. Well, since the doc says everything is fine, I'm not worried. I don't really believe in any of those midwives tales about pregnancy, but I do notice that most of my friends who carried baby girls carry high, right underneath the boobs, and mine is a lot lower since I'm carrying a boy!

Oh and the rocker/recliner finally came! So we are at 90% complete for the nursery prep!
We still have our customized frame to come... but kudos for the husband, who has pretty much done everything for the nursery! it's beautiful!

I can't wait for week 32 because I have two baby showers lined up back to back! We've been getting registry gifts from amazon.com delivered to our door, which I will elaborate more on the next post, but we're super excited and blessed to have such great friends!

Until the next post, keep us in your prayers!



No comments:

Post a Comment