Monday, January 28, 2013

Baby Showers

I had two baby showers back to back, at Week 32
Good thing I had the shower when I still look and feel pretty :] Any further into the pregnancy, I don't think I could have socialized/conversed/smiled for 2+ hours with more than 4 people...
So I think any time between week 32-34 is ok, but any week later than that... good luck!

ANYHOO~~
My dear husband and I felt so blessed to be showered with so much love and joy by our friends. Baby D is truly blessed:]

Baby Shower #1 was a small shower(7 people including me and husband) with close friends. Kudos and props to Lydia Yang, who is a aspiring party planner, a hot mama of a three month old, and a true Texan at heart.

Venue: Chicago- our place
Time: Saturday730PM
Cake: Akin Cake, PB&J cake
Food, Decoration, Activity: by Lydia Yang
Registry: Amazon.com







Had a real fun time decorating onesies with fabric marker! And thank you Lydia! 

The following day, we had shower #2 hosted by one of our employees. We had a total of 11 guests (including me and my husband)

Venue: Chicago, our place
Time: Sunday 630PM 
Cupcakes: Alliance Bakery
Decorations, food, activities: Jenny 
Registry: Amazon.com

My husband and I are extremely close to our employees, so when Jenny offered to throw a shower for Baby D, we were ecstatic. Just a little info on Jenny- she is the most talented woman I have met with food and party planning. She is in the process of creating a business/office for party planning. She is amazing at what she does. Here are the pictures to show for it. 










Jenny came to our place 4 hours before the shower, and prepped ALL THE FOOD FROM SCRATCH, AND arranged her own flowers, AND put up all the decorations. I helped a little here and there but all I was doing was tasting everything, and by the time of the actual shower, I was FULL!

Thank you Jenny! She was so busy preparing, we didn't have time to take pictures together. :[

For the gifts, since we used amazon, some people brought it to the shower, or some had it delivered to our place directly. Amazon compiles a list of all the items purchased by the guests, so you can send thank you cards. 

All in all, my husband and I felt very blessed, and Baby D did too, because for both showers, he was kicking non-stop until all the guests left. 

Now I'm in the count down mode since I will be considered full term starting week 37, which is literally a month away. Whenever Baby D decides to come, we will be ready. (crossing our fingers!)
Until the next post, keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment