Friday, October 19, 2012

First Kick Felt!

I felt our little fufu's first kick at 17 weeks and 2 days! 
Oh what a strange and wonderful feeling it was!
It was when hubby and I were laying down, watching TV before going to sleep, and I had my hands on my belly and I felt a little BLOOOOP~!!!
That's how it felt exactly. And then I got really excited, couldn't feel anymore, and then I was confused because maybe it was a gas bubble or something...
So I resumed position, and then waited quietly.... Bloop, bloop, bloopity bloop~~~ he was kicking up a storm!!!!!
WOOOOOWWWWWWW it was one of the most amazing things I have ever felt. It was WEIRD but AWESOME at the same time. I wanted husband to feel it too, but as soon as hubby's hands were over my belly, the little fufu stopped kicking... 
SO- ever since tuesday, we had a bunch of trial and error sessions where I would feel him kick all the time, and poor hubby would miss it. 
BUT IT HAPPENED TODAY!
It was after lunch, and I was drinking warm water, and I guess the little fufu liked the warm water because he was kicking away, (I don't have to put my hand over my belly anymore to detect the kicks. I just know they are kicks now) and I asked the husband if he'd like to try again. 
He was reluctant at first because "he's gonna stop kicking as soon as I put my hand over your belly"... His hands were really cold for some reason, and fufu responded to the cold! 
"did you feel that?"
"maybe"
"oh how about now?"
"hm...."
"oh there's another one!"
"OOH I FELT THAT ONE!"
hooray for hubby! finally felt our baby kick for the first time(for him)! 
I asked him how it felt: was it magical? special? how'd it feel?
him being the non expressive man, said, "it felt like a bump"
GREAT JOB DESCRIBING husband... :]
But, he's pretty accurate, it does feel like a tiny little fist bump on my belly...
he said it'll be more real to him once the baby starts KICKING...
pshhhh whatever husband, you know you were enchanted by this sensation as much as I was :]

we have a week and a half left until our 20 week prenatal ultrasound, and can't wait to meet the little fufu again! We will find out the gender then and we're excited!
If our OB doesn't do 4D, we decided to go through a private imaging place and see the fufu ourselves :]

Keep us in your prayers, and more to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment