Monday, October 15, 2012

Week 16/17 News

Week 16 was a crazy week. 
Here is what happened: 
I had spoken too soon about not getting sick. I DID get sick and boy did I get SICK. 

Day 1 of sickness-
I had everything you can possibly imagine of having when you have a flu/cold. Sore throat, runny nose, coughing, headache, body ache, nausea, and what we feared the most, a temperature that was running high. I kept temping myself and the highest it went up to was 101F, which was not the red zone of 102F but it was pretty darn close. Anyway, since my husband and I were on a no medication policy for this pregnancy, we depended on our home remedies, the lemon tea, the salt water gargle, the rest, the fluid intake, the keeping room humid, the eat a bunch of fruits.... 

Day 2 of sickness-
Since mommy dearest was still with us, she made some of her BEST cooking, everything soupy, and nothing that will irritate my sickness. Did help some, but I wasn't feeling too well still. Mom says go to the hospital, call your OB, get some meds, do something, when the mother is sick, then the baby is sick too... mom it's ok we're doing natural home remedies.... sigh, ok you want some more tea?

Day 3 of sickness-
Getting worse by the hour, and by the time husband came home from work and we were having dinner, I couldn't even lift the spoon. I felt like I was breathing fire, and I felt like I was burning from the inside out. I felt so sick and dizzy and nauseous, and my mom was getting worried that she was on the verge of tears (no joke), that I told my husband we need to go to the ER NOW. He saw my face and he knew I was dead serious, he quickly finished his dinner (good thing he did, they made us wait 4 hours in the ER), and we drove off to the hospital that is literally 2 blocks away. 

ER-
It was friday night and there were so many people who were bleeding or who had broken bones! I was wheelchaired in- bless the lady who checked me in and saw I couldn't stand... my husband and I waited, the nurse did a quick question and answer with me, and I just wanted to see a doctor, she told me to wait, WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE 4 HOURS, and then the paper work lady asked to see my ID and insurance, (I felt like I was dying by this moment... couldn't see straight) and FINALLY after 4 hours, my husband and I were allowed into a room to have ANOTHER nurse check me out, and finally doctor on staff saw me. He heard me say my symptoms and what I had been doing and he simply said, 'why are you undertreating yourself?'  'what'?  'You seem like you have a virus and it won't go away unless you suppress it with medication- you'll feel better after we give you  the medication' 'and what meds are you giving me?' 'tylenol'...... so the husband and i waited 4 hours for tylenol...... then the nurse came back, checked my blood pressure and temperature, which came down to 97.5 in a jiffy, and then she said she's gonna check our baby's heart beat, and then we'll be good to go. At first she couldn't find it and the husband and I were freaking out a little bit, but then we heard it, LOUD AND CLEAR, and the nurse says, 140, perfect. Whew. Our little one was still ok. 

So after 4 hours, we came home, I rested, and here I am 3 days later, still carrying the remnants of the cold, but feeling much better. I was worried at first because I've taken Tylenol, but I've done so much research on it, and I'm ok with the fact I took it. I realized I need to feel better so our baby could feel better.
I decided not to stress over the whole 'I took meds while I am pregnant' ordeal. I needed to feel better, and I took it to feel better. 

On a brighter note, I think I'm feeling the little fufu's MOVEMENTS. NOT KICKS YET, BUT MOVEMENTS. At first I thought it was gas, because I get gassy still, but this is more like bubbly kind of movement type of thing... It's obviously not strong enough for my husband to feel it, but I feel this weird movement, like a bubbling fish... if that makes sense. I could feel it pretty regularly when I'm sitting or laying down. EXCITING STUFF! But I really can't wait to feel the little fufu's first legitimate KICK! Which reminds me, I still don't have ANY baby bump, I just look like I gained weight in the stomach area. I know the doc said I have a tilted uterus so I won't show that much, but I really wanna have some kind of a bump that shows I'm pregnant, and not just fat looking.... which is really funny because I still haven't gained any weight. I'm still at 132 lbs. According to the weight gain chart, I'm way below average, but I'm not starving nor am I dieting, I'm eating and trying to eat as much as I can. OH well. The bump will come. And I will be thankful that I didn't have a big bump this early on in the pregnancy :]

Two more weeks until our 20 week ultrasound! We cannot wait to find out our little fufu's gender! Husband and I are so sad that Mommy Kim had to leave but she'll be back in time for fufu's birth, bless her soul. We owe her so much, and we love her for taking care of us. 

Until then, keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment