Thursday, October 4, 2012

15 weeks 3days news

FIRST OFF, DID NOT CATCH A COLD FROM HUBBY AND HUBBY IS NOT SICK ANYMORE! 
HALLELUJAH~!

We had our OB appointment today, and mom came with us, in hopes to see the little fufu via ultrasound. 
Doctor told us there is no routine ultrasound today, but since my mom will be leaving to korea soon, she said she'll do a quick ultrasound :] 
We got to hear the little one's heart beat just fine, through the doppler stethoscope- funny story on this- 
My mom couldn't hear the heart beat at first and she had this look of horror- but she heard it, (the last) and she was so delighted. The doc said everything sounds fine, and as it was first time hearing the heartbeat for all of us, we were pretty excited. 
Next came the unofficial ultrasound: my first abdominal ultrasound, and the little fufu didn't play as much as last time... I guess vaginal ultrasound is clearer, since it's closer to the uterus- the doc said since my bladder wasn't full with water, it wasn't creating a clear picture for us. BOOOO :[ that means no gender recognition. We were really hoping to know this time :] we would have to wait until our official 20 week ultrasound for the gender confirmation. Girl or boy, we don't care, as long as the little fufu is sound and healthy. 
We did, however, get to see fufu wiggling his thumb, sucking on his thumb, stretching his legs out, and smiling :] he seems to be happy in his uterus home.
So no pics to upload today :[

BAD NEWS. NO WEIGHT GAIN. I have tried SO hard to eat and gain weight, all protein rich foods such as hard boiled eggs and tons of meat, but NO WEIGHT GAIN. I am still at 132lbs..... which is still -10lbs from when I first found out I was pregnant at week5. 
The doc even asked if I was either a vegetarian or if I was dieting. UM NO. Where is all the food going to? I still fit in all my clothes and I think some parts of my body actually look skinnier! OH, boobs are definitely getting bigger, and so is my belly, so I guess the food is going there..even the doctor said: "look at your tiny bump! so cute!" Doc said everything looked healthy and fine, so I'm not too worried about weight gain. If I gain I gain, if I don't I don't, as long as our little fufu is fine and healthy.
The next appointment is in 4 weeks. That's our official ultrasound, where we will get to see everything and we'll know if it will be baby Nathan or baby Audrey! 
Until then, I can now come out of my bed rest, per doc's blessings, and we will go on some maternity wear shopping spree! woohoo! I think little fufu will enjoy the outing as well. 
Update on my hubby's and my relationship: we're actually pretty chummy chummy romantic these days: hubby started talking to the stomach- it was pretty awkward and funny at first but now we're trying to talk to the little fufu since his ears are mostly formed :] Husband is still against making love "it's weird, there's a baby and we will not do it" I'm mostly gassy so I don't feel sexy so we're putting the love making on hold until we feel sexy enough :] We will also ask the doctor about it next time ;]

Keep us in your prayers always and we will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment