Sunday, April 28, 2013

6 weeks for baby D and mommy

Mommy news first. 

Incision is still very raw looking.
Also- forming a little flappy pooch. Also known as the csection flap, I hear it's possible to get rid of it with hard work of healthy diet and exercise. Most people say the only way to get rid of it is tummy tuck- but i've been itching to work out, and I'm waiting until the doctor told me to, which is not until May 17th. But at the rate I'm healing, I may have to wait longer. I really wanted to lay on my stomach, so I tried it, and oh boy was that a mistake. 
Until I can work out and not feel any pain, I guess I have to live with: the csection pooch, the spongy feeling in the stomach, the numb tingling sensation around the incision, the pain on the incision itself, the pain inside on the uterus..... oh the healing process, the tedious, tiresome, healing process. I must be patient. 
One more thing, I can still feel my uterus contracting- I had a gush of blood come out down there, but it wasn't much to be alarmed about. I guess my discharge will continue, and until I fully contract to my normal size, I will still feel a lot of pain.

On a brighter note, I'm pretty much back to my pre pregnancy shape, albeit the spongy feeling in my abs and the pooch. 



The weather in Chicago is finally nice, and my mom, Guinness, Derrick and I have gone out for walks couple of times. It felt good to be out, and I'm sure it was for Baby Derrick as well. :]
I don't go out for long walks, though, since I'm still aching all over, and we do about 10-15 minutes at most. Like the doc said, I need to still take it easy.

My boobs are engorged nonstop because Baby Derrick is on a eating rampage and stimulates my breasts so much so that they are constantly producing milk. My ducts are overcharged I guess. hopefully it will even out, because all the moms who have discussed this online have claimed that their boobs and engorgements were resolved once the body figured out the milk supply issue. For most moms it was fine after around week8. Keeping my fingers crossed for that! Only couple weeks left!

I've been having bowel movement issues- not constipated, but been having very loose and/or diarrhea. Research tells me that the hormone that triggers the contraction of the uterus affects the bowels to be very loose. OH JOY~

Now for Baby Derrick's Developments

Derrick now officially hates all things oral except my breasts. T^T
He used to be fine with the bottle feeding and also his paci, but he won't take any artificial nipple except mine. This is causing me to be exhausted...but anything for Baby Derrick's well being. 
However, we do have to try to bottle feed him, so I ordered different nipples. According to my research, playtex ones have had the most success rate with the babies who stopped taking bottles. I ordered the latex one, because silicone is too hard and too fake feeling for the babies, whereas the latex has softer feel and texture..

He also eats and eats and eats.... According to my research, he will go through another growth spurt from week 6-8. So for the next two weeks, I will have raw nipples and engorged boobs plus the lack of sleep.... Oh the never ending agony.

Baby Derrick has discovered that he can suck his thumb! He hasn't completely figured it out yet, but whenever he sleeps, he brings his hand up to his mouth. Cute little thing.

Whenever he feeds, he has issues with pacing his sucking and swallowing, so he ends up spitting up, throwing up, or burping really hard, or farting... basically he still needs to figure out his feeding and digesting. But he seems to be gaining weight and growing fine, so i'm not too worried, but it does tug at my heart whenever he cries out loud because he has problems digesting. :[

He has also quickly figured out that he can fuss and be whiny to be picked up and held. You smart little thing you!

He has baby acne and baby dandruff, which according to the pediatrician, will go away, but it makes him look dirty even when he's not....most of my mommy friends also had to deal with this, but they said by around month3, it cleared up. 

He is getting pretty good at tummy time, and is getting much better at holding his head up. Soon he'll be able to keep it up, instead of bobbing like a fish! :]

He also is learning to use the muscles on his face to make diverse expressions. Here are some samples.




His face is also developing fast! His eyes and nose are getting bigger, and obviously his adorable cheeks are too :D

These are the developments, as much as I can remember. I'm sure more will unfold as Baby Derrick grows!

Until the next post, keep us in your prayers :]



No comments:

Post a Comment