Monday, April 1, 2013

The Post Partum Woes and Throes

Today marks Post Partum Day 14. Full two weeks have passed since the c-section.
I am going to categorize what's been happening to me, baby Derrick, the husband.... Get ready for the good AND the bad. It ain't all sunshine and smiles, but is it all worth it in the end? YES :]

THE WOES

MOMMY

Physical:
Still in pain. Walking has become slightly easier, but there are times when I get sharp pain in my abdomen. The pain travels, sometimes on my side, sometimes lower abdomen, sometimes near my pubic region, sometimes above my navel.... I've been doing a lot of hind search and reading up on other mom's experiences post csection, and some have jumped back to their normal state pretty fast, within weeks time; some have said it took them 6 months to a full year for a complete recovery.....
I still feel like I've been beaten to death and resurrected. Makes me think of what Jesus must have gone through... but much worse. Thank you Jesus. ANYWAY, to sum it up, I'm still in pain, but each day it's getting better.


I woud love to exclusively breast feed, but baby D loves playing with my nipples instead of suck. So what happens is there will be plenty of milk coming out of breasts, but all he does is fondle it so all the milk just drips out of his mouth and he falls asleep at my breasts..... -_- So we are bottle feeding him expressed milk. Pumping my breasts every 2-3 hours is also very annoying and tiring, but I'd rather do this than not have baby D eat.


Mental:
I got the baby blues- Not too serious, but definitely hormonal. I am stressed out because I'm physically weak, I have a lot of drama around me, and even though my mom who's here to help and my husband try to make me feel better, there are times I just feel like I have to cry. This too, however, is getting better by the day.

Spiritual:
I try to pray as frequently as I can, but there are times I'm so worn out physically and mentally, it's really hard to keep my spirits and my faith up. I only pray that I will get stronger as each day passes by.

Familial:
THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE HARDEST PART. PARENT/PARENTS IN LAW are giving me and the husband such a hard time. They want to be involved so much so that they are fighting US and each OTHER. MOTHER IN LAW HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST RIDICULOUS person right now. She is mad at me and the husband for not calling her everyday about the baby.... please, we barely have time to talk to each other, what with the nightly feedings and lack of sleep....She's also mad at the fact that we raise a dog, WHICH WAS A ISSUE THAT WAS DISCUSSED PREVIOUSLY... and she's also unreasonably mad at my mom who's been here to help with the household work , because she feels that my mom gets to see the baby only. HUSBAND and I ARE so SICK and TIRED of her ANTICS. WHY DOESN"T she CALL US? WE NEVER TOLD HER THAT SHE COULDN"T VISIT... SIGHHHHH.... husband and I are so worn out that we're not even trying to mend this situation. She needs to get over herself. we are not getting rid of the dog, and we are not going to report to her everyday about our parenting. she needs to give us space because now we are parents and we need some respect.

Daddy (from what mommy could tell)

Physical:
husband is a deep sleeper, and it is extremely difficult for him to wake up at night to feed baby D. I try to give him some slack since he has to go to the store and deal with all the drama there; but there are times when I just need him to feed the baby, and when I wake him up, he has SUCH a hard time, and then when he's feeding the baby, he's falling asleep while he is doing so. Poor hubby. But at least he's trying, and he's so involved.

Mental:
it must be so hard for him to deal with his issues with everything that I have discussed above, plus the drama from the store, plus dealing with my hormonal ass, I'm sure he's going a little crazy himself. I'm so proud of him for keeping it all together, even though he sometimes loses it, and we end up arguing a bit, but that's a given, I think.

Spiritual:
his spirits are definitely down; but he gets recharged when he sees our baby. Also, once the weather stays consistently warm, he can go golfing, I allow it :]

MOMMY and DADDY 
we need sleep. we don't get more than 2-3 hours of sleep, if we're lucky 4 hours. baby D eats every 2-3 hours. they say it gets better around month 3. we're not even through month 1 yet. we are constantly @_@.... 


Baby Derrick:
He is a pooping, peeing, eating machine! He's a great baby so far though. He doesn't get too fussy, he still is trying to figure out his face, his arms, his legs. some of the things that surprised us:
1. He's trying to lift his own head up already.
2. He has a strong kick and punch. (I already knew this, he was a kicker/puncher in my belly)
3. When he's not bottled right away, he will automatically turn his head towards my nipple and start sucking over my shirt!
4. he HATES being naked, this makes bath time really difficult....T_T

THE THROES

ALL THE WOES ARE WORTH IT BECAUSE...
of this little guy....





Baby Derrick makes it all worth it for mommy and daddy to be tattered to the ground by everything else. Mommy is a bit more tattered since daddy doesn't do some of the things, but, regardless, both of us are so blessed and thankful....

Also, a shoutout to aunt Grace aka my younger sister. The five days she was here visiting us, were blissfully helpful. It was so great to see her in a year...


The little time I have in between feedings, when baby D is usually asleep is when I get my things done, basic things such as: showering, pooping, eating, pumping, resting, napping, trying to sleep.... none of which could be possible without my husband and my mom....

Well, I gotta wrap this up before Baby D wakes up!
Until the next post, keep us in your prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment