Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Week 13 news

This week is the last week of the 1st trimester and all I can say is thank God!
Second trimester is supposedly the "honeymoon" phase of the pregnancy, where you feel good, you'll eat better, and many of the discomforts will slowly dissipate. (having my fingers crossed) And most importantly, the chance of miscarriage significantly drops, which is the main concern for me and my dear husband. Losing the first baby to miscarriage last year took a toll on me physically and emotionally, and finally I can breathe a sigh of relief. One more week! 
This week I have noticed a completely new set of discomforts. Main one being my teeth. They feel like they're going to fall off. Literally. They feel they're weakened at the gums and whenever I brush my teeth, they feel as if they've been rattled to the point of falling off. WEIRD. Also, cramps, oh my cramps. I get cramps that are a combination of muscle spasms and period like cramps. They come and go, but mostly come and stay. I try to calm myself by reminding myself that it's just the uterus expanding, and the baby is fine. However, it does unnerve me quite a bit whenever I wake up with a clenching feeling down in my lower abdomen. So I did a bit of research, and this is what came up. 

Currently I am in week 13, which according to the research, is when I'm going to feel the most change in my uterus since it has completely come out of the pelvic cavity, and is going up higher into my abdomen. Around week 20, or according to the growth of my baby, I will have a full baby bump that sticks out at my belly button. As of now, I just feel really heavy down there, like when I'm pmsing, about to get my period, but this is a different kind of heaviness, and all I can hope for is that everything is going ok down there. 

And that's another thing too. I hate not knowing how my little fufu is doing inside me. I hate being in the dark and I even told my husband we should get a ultrasound machine at home. That is how frustrated I am not knowing. At least if I knew or saw some kind of a picture, it'll put me at ease. I don't know how women way back then did it. They didn't even have ultrasound back then, they just had to wait 10  months. Kudos and props to women back in the days. 

I have been VERY MOODY and CRANKY lately and the poor husband is getting the worst of it. It's so weird how I look at him and I hate him to his very core. I start yelling and screaming and biting his head off and I sometimes physically punch him or bite him. I am usually sensitive when I get my period, but this pregnancy has put me on a hormonal roller coaster and my husband gets abused. I warn him when I wake up, usually with a bitter remark, "I am cranky today so don't even start" -but the thing is he didn't even do anything, I just get cranky for no reason. Sorry, husband- hopefully it'll get better second trimester. 

Boobs have been hurting NONSTOP. Especially the nipples. Sometimes I will get this excruciating jolt from my armpit to the nipple, and it'll be like morse code but painful. Then it'll stop. One night, I woke up from my sleep because my boobs hurt so much. 

Maybe my body is on full mode bad symptoms for this last week of the first trimester before I enter my second trimester and start feeling better. For the peace of this family, and especially for my husband, I hope my hormones calm down a bit and I start feeling better in the second trimester. 

Keep us in your prayers and more news later!

No comments:

Post a Comment