Saturday, February 16, 2013

Love is in the Air

Today is officially the last day of week 34. 
Sunday marks week 35 and that means exactly 4 weeks left until due date, and 2 weeks until considered full term. YAY! Can't wait to meet Baby D.

Well-
Since it was my birthday and Valentine's day, I had a wonderful time with my dear husband. It felt so good to just have 'us' time. Romantic dinner, flowers, gifts... Personally for me, the break from all the baby stuff was a breath of fresh air :] Thanks hubby for making me feel special before baby Derrick takes all the attention away from me!

Feb 13: My birthday-
Started with gifts. Hubby got me a handycam- to record all the milestones for Baby D.
Parents in law gave me a Louis bag- may be used as a diaper bag :]

Then the day ended with a nice romantic dinner at Ruxbin, cousin Jenny and Edward's restaurant. We went over how fast we fell in love, how fast we got engaged, how fast we got married, how fast we got pregnant with baby #1, how fast God blessed us with Baby Derrick... and how blessed and loved I felt.... it was good having a night to reflect and be thankful. 
And here's to a happy 28th year of my life!!

Feb 14: Valentine's Day

I got into the festive mood and dressed myself up in representative colors :]

Little fun with my nails 
And annual flower delivery 


Two days dedicated just for me! Felt great :] 

Now for the baby stuff. Derrick's nursery is finally complete!
First of all, Jenny, the unnie who threw the shower for me, MADE this blanket; HAND MADE, cross stitched! Like I said, she's super talented. We love it and so will baby Derrick. 
Here is the custom frame with the poster we love so much, and Derrick's little shelf of books and such. Air humidifier, sterilized and ready to be used, with a lamp and lion doll.
Air purifier; we live in the city and also right next to a major road. A must with all the dust and allergens around...
Changing station, and drawers filled with baby clothes, booties, onsies, hats, socks, mittens... and a storage unit for the diapers, wipes, wipe warmers, lotion, qtips.... and on the far right, and diaper pail.
Baby Derrick's crib, mobile, blankies, and the decal we worked so hard to put on the wall, and the baby monitor camera
The most awesome rocker/recliner and the breast pump on our little stand thingie :]

Now we need Baby Derrick to come occupy his nursery!
Each passing day is a step closer to meeting Baby Derrick and husband and I are so excited to meet him. 

Here is a belly pic

It looks bigger on one side because Derrick likes to stay on one side- what an amazing little weirdo :]
Oh and thank you mom and dad for sending me awesome cute hoodies/sweaters (like the one I'm wearing in the picture) and my new glasses for my birthday!!

One new symptom I've been having- 
I'm having more frequent bowel movements. My guess is since I've been getting strong uterine contractions, it's helping my digestive system, or at least pushing on my rectum more so I can go more often. No complaints there! I love pooping! So much better than being constipated :] It may also be my body's way of getting rid of toxins before Derrick comes. Either way, I'm thankful I'm not constipated, and I haven't been this pregnancy. Thank you Lord :]

This coming week we have another OB appointment, and breastfeeding class. I will update more on those visits later. This sunday we are trying out a new Korean American church (I've been attending a non-Korean church for quite a while now), where hopefully Derrick can form a sense of community and his identity as a Korean... If not, we will keep looking for a good Korean American church.

Until the next post- keep us in your prayers!










No comments:

Post a Comment