Monday, March 11, 2013

The C Section Decision

38 Weeks and 2 days.


Baby Derrick is still very oblique breech.
Doc said we need to do c-section. Doc knows best, we consented.
She said there is 0% chance for me to deliver vaginally :[
This saturday is the final check up, and then
on March 18th, 8 AM I am scheduled for a primary c-section.
Oh Baby Derrick, are you comfortable the way you are?


I started to bawl like crazy after leaving the doctor's office because

1. I was scared shitless; this would be my first major surgery besides broken bones and minor stitches...
2. I felt like something was going to go wrong
3. What did I do wrong?

According to the doctor, there is nothing wrong with my cervix, uterus, or my body, or my health. It's just the way the baby is positioned due to, his length, size, umbilical cord length... basically, it could be a number of other things.

Husband tried to console me by saying, we get to meet him sooner!
Yes, you are right. :]
Plus baby Derrick is still kicking away happily :]

Also on on brighter note- my parents are here!



AND! we took the newborn care class offered  by the hospital I will deliver at: we learned to bathe, burp, swaddle, take care of belly button and circumcision, and all the basic stuff we need to know to take care of the baby. It was very informative and fun!


I feel a mix of emotions; I'm excited to see him soon, I'm sad and disappointed that I don't get to experience vaginal birth. I'm exhausted from the physical fatigue.
My faith keeps me mentally strong, and my husband and family's support is what is getting me through this.

To Baby Derrick:
Mommy and Daddy, grandmas and grandpas Kim, and your aunt Grace are so excited to see and meet you! Mommy isn't mad at you, it's not your fault, and mommy and daddy want you to come out healthy and beautiful! That is all we ask. Mommy can't wait to hold you in her arms! See you in a week honey!

Until the next post, which will probably be after baby Derrick arrives, keep us in your prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment