Friday, March 1, 2013

And the Countdown Begins!

Today we are 36 weeks and 4 days.
Exactly 3.5 weeks left until due date.
According to the D-day app on my phone we are 23 days away. Eek!

One really good news, and one semi-good news.

The really good news is
We have FINALLY gained 3 pounds! Woot woot!
So here is what happened with my weight.
At 7 weeks pregnant, when my pregnancy was confirmed, I was 138 pounds.
Then from Week 11-Week 25, due to SEVERE morning sickness, I went down to 123 pounds.
Then from Week 25-33, I gained up to 144 pounds.
Then From Week 33-35, I was 144 pounds.
Then From Week35-36, I am currently 147!
So by numbers, 138>123>144>144>147
Total weight gained so far from beginning of pregnancy: 9 pounds.
By some research, normal weight gain with normal BMI is 25-35 pounds. I am way below that, but I'm just thankful I did end up gaining weight overall. It just means Baby D is getting bigger and chubbier :]

The semi-good news is
Baby D has SLIGHTLY turned more towards the cervix, so he's still oblique breech, but not as much.
Come on D! You can find the opening! Go towards the light! The doc says there really isn't much I can do, but I did some research and the cat pose from yoga is apparently is good for turning babies the right way. Can't hurt to try- holding the pose 5-10 minutes 2-3 times a day will likely turn the baby in the right position.... been doing it for the past couple days, and maybe that's why he's SLIGHTLY heading the right direction?
Anyway, the doc said we will do an ultrasound around mid week 38, and see where the baby's head is, and IF after she does an internal exam and she can feel baby D's head, then she's gonna OK the vaginal birth. HOWEVER, if she can't, and if the ultrasound still shows he's oblique, we will schedule an elective c-section at week 39.

Whatever happens, God will make a way for us, and it will be the best way for both Derrick and me.

Parents are flying in 3/11, which is also when my next OB appointment is, and the day after is Husband's and My 2 year wedding anniversary :]

I'm still very content with my pregnancy- I'm not at that "I'm done being pregnant" stage.
I do feel much achier and heavier, but I can still move around without waddling, and I'm still pretty nimble. My belly is a lot bigger, but no stretch marks, my innie is still an innie, and I feel great.

Husband and I can't wait to meet baby Derrick, and each day is a countdown to meeting our precious little miracle from God.

Until the next post, keep us in your prayers!



No comments:

Post a Comment