Thursday, August 16, 2012

the dreaded morning sickness

in my case, it's more of all-day sickness
It all started at the end of week 6, and it was in full swing on week 7 and still going strong. (We are currently at 8 weeks 3 days)
It starts in the morning when I get up, just with a little bit of queasiness, and then it amplifies to full on nausea- then it subsides with a lot of fluid intake- my choice of beverage is ice cold water; soothes my stomach. Then it kicks back with a HUGE wave of nausea, and depending on what I TRY to eat, I either throw up, or barely keep it down.
If you know me well, then you should know that I'm a foodaholic, I love eating good food, and I love trying out different foods all the time. That stopped as soon as the all day sickness started and least to say, making me a bit sad. But I'm happy nonetheless, because this is all part of pregnancy and motherhood :]
So my Dear Husband, who has a weak stomach, and who can't bear to hear me puke and purge into the lovely porcelain toilet bowl, started researching. 'cure for morning sickness'
This is what we accumulated so far
Sea Band is a pressure point band/bracelet that you wear, the pressure on the acupuncture point relieves nausea. This product is my favorite so far. It really does help, and you don't have to eat or drink anything to alleviate your misery.
The premium crackers, and 'ace' korean crackers- they are both lightly salted and very bland. These help when I have nothing in my stomach, i.e. when I just wake up or in between meals, I munch on couple of them and they help. Thanks mom for sending me the Ace crackers!
Preggy Pop Drops and Hi-Chews. These are sweet and sour candies that help to keep the mouth watered and occupied so you won't get that hit of nausea. The Preggy Pops were sold at Walgreens before but they don't carry it anymore so DH ordered it online through drugstore.com. These are ok but they leave my mouth dry after a couple.
Then we have the morning sickness tea- it's made with ginger roots and peppermint, and both those herbs are supposed to suppress nausea, but sometimes they give me headaches so I only drink it when it's severe.
So there it is- my morning sickness regimen. So far, it's been working, much better than when I didn't have these things, but there are times when none of these work, and the best thing to do is just good old throwing up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment