Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 9 news

Today marks the beginning of week 9 for our little fufu

Every week something new happens, and here are couple of things that have happened so far

Onset of new symptoms: major backache.

Since I have been very cautious with this pregnancy, mostly I have stayed home, and laying down on the bed. Seemed to be working fine until my back started hurting really badly. Dear husband says: "Babe you are not young anymore; if you lay down for a long time, your back is going to hurt." I guess he was right, because yesterday, I tried to sit up as long as I could with a good posture, and we took Guinness (our dog) out for a walk for about 15 minutes. And voila, back didn't hurt when I woke up this morning!

Major headache/migraine

I blame this on the allergies I have. Since the days are cooler and it's turning into fall weather, my ever so sensitive sinuses have seriously kicked into full allergic mode. I have congestion up the wazoo and I can't breathe in the morning when I wake up. Which, in my opinion, cuts off oxygen to my head, and causing me to have these severe headaches, borderline migraines. Not only that, my eyes itch, I have sneeze attacks, and well, I'm already a mess from all the morning sickness, but then this just takes my state of being messy to a whole new level. Since I don't want to take any medication this pregnancy, I have resolved to home remedies: ice packs and tea. I drink peppermint tea, it clears up my sinuses and the ice pack just alleviates the headache.

Dizziness/lightheadedness

This only happens when I've been sitting down or laying down for a while and I get up. I try not to get up too abruptly, and I've had this head-rush before I was pregnant, but this dizziness is every single time when I get up. So my solution is, give myself a few seconds before fully standing, and standing up slowly. That seems to do the trick. Oh and when I take the first few steps, I don't rush into it, because that also makes me lightheaded.

gas....

I've always been a gassy person, even before pregnancy, but being pregnant takes it up a notch. So I've been a farting, burping, noise making machine. well, all I can say is, you gotta let it out.

cravings! (my favorite)

The cravings have started! This doesn't mean I can eat without throwing up or feeling nauseous; it just means I start thinking about certain foods that I'd never eat pre-pregnancy. For example. I hated fudgesicles- you know the popsicle that's chocolate? But I was craving it the other day and asked Dear husband to go get it for me and oh boy did it taste GOOD!

So here are the things that have been happening to us starting week 9. Belly photos will commence as soon as I look decent and have dear husband take them for me!

*update*

Belly photos week 9. Shirt over belly, and belly exposed...

I really think something of a pooch is coming out... no matter how hard I try, I can't suck that in!

No comments:

Post a Comment