Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 10 news

We are officially in week 10 of our pregnancy!
According to the pregnancy center app on my phone, the little fufu is now a size of a kumquat...낑깡 in Korean... for a better understanding, here is a picture of kumquats.
So there are many upcoming events this week. First off, Granny Kim aka, my mommy, is coming to visit us this wednesday. Hubby, Guinness, and I can't wait for her arrival!
In preparation of her arrival, we cleaned the house, but I had to give up mid-way because all the fumes from the cleaning products made me feel dizzy and sick. SO the poor husband slaved away and cleaned everything from the toilets to the rugs...Thank you hubby!
Then, this thursday, we have our second appointment with the doctor and can't wait to see the little fufu via ultrasound! I've been doing a lot of research, and this week is a kind of landmark week because we are now entering the fetal phase of the pregnancy...(we were in embryonic stage for the previous weeks). I've read from forums and medical websites that we can get to see the fetus move and jump around, wave his/her hands and feet, and jump and bounce around in the uterus! How awesome is THAT! Well, it depends on how active our little fufu will be, but regardless, husband and I are extremely excited!
Also, something very interesting:I've come across on the web of this 'baby flutter'. Apparently, you can feel your baby before the normal 16-19 week mark. These so called 'flutters' can be felt as early as week 6 of your pregnancy! Some have commented that it feels tingly, others have said it feels like muscle spasms, still others say it feels like butterflies in your stomach.. I don't know if I'm not paying attention to my body, or if I'm just too busy being gassy, nauseous, or pukey, but I've never felt those sensations... I need to listen more to my body...
On a funnier note: I've been very needy lately towards my husband, about everything... 'babe can you do this for me?', 'babe can you bring that for me?'.... he'll give me a look and I'll just say, 'what? I'm pregnant with our baby!" The other day, I said that to him again, and he replied, "I'm pregnant too! I feel just as tired, hungry, sick as you do because when the wife is pregnant, the husband is pregnant too!" I just cracked up so loud, it was just one of those random moments of sheer humor... oh dear husband...But in retrospect, I could understand why he said that... he's been so tired lately with managing our business, and dealing with me, and worrying about the future, and still wanting to have his guy time with his buddies... I'm so thankful that I have such a supporting husband, and this pregnancy has been that much easier, albeit the puking and the nausea, because of my dear husband.
We are so grateful to God that He brought us this far, and we pray that He'll continue to bless us. Week 10 Belly photos will be updated!
P.S. I pray that all of you in Korea will be safe and sound from the typhoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment